Generated Oct-23 05:07:25 GMT

You are not logged in.

Name: Password:

Or: Recover Account (Forgotten Password) / Register new user / Re-send validation email / Main Page

ADVERTISEMENT

Website Discussion, Bug Reports and Abuse Reports

Performance down?

This thread is open.

Posted by grouchysmurf This user is a supporter of the site. 2010-02-08 19:22:22 GMT


Is it just my internet connection or performance of the site is down, recently?

Posted by Hammerite This user is an administrator. 2010-02-08 21:24:53 GMT


The new hosting is located in Chicago, whereas the old hosting was in Sheffield. This means that for us Europeans (I'm making an assumption that you're in Europe from your time zone setting), it is slower as page requests and data have to travel over the Atlantic. This is particularly true when it's peak time for Internet use over there (or over here). I've noticed the slowdown too, it's not ideal but everything comes at a price.

Posted by randomuser 2010-02-08 21:34:24 GMT


I'm coming from California, and I've noticed it's slower too, just as a random btw.

Posted by Hammerite This user is an administrator. 2010-02-08 23:39:46 GMT


Oh - well maybe it is a generally slower host then. I had assumed the slowness I had noticed was just down to the hosting location being physically further away.

Posted by randomuser 2010-02-09 00:21:23 GMT


Actually now that I think about it more, the latency is really intermittent. Sometimes it's really speedy... but other times it feels like there is a database or CPU bottleneck somewhere.

Posted by Niccolo 2010-02-09 02:30:22 GMT


It's as fast as before about 85% of the time, and very slow the other 15%. (in California)

Posted by mark 2010-02-09 16:44:38 GMT


It seems slower to me - however as the data being transferred is not that much I would have the speed issues are due to the host rather than the internet.

But on the other hand a traceroute seems to get lost so there could be routing problems

You must log on in order to post messages.

Click here to return to the Board Page, or here to return to the Main Page.