You are not logged in.
This thread is open.
Posted by gische 2010-01-19 09:13:10 GMT
There's something screwy in this game, because it says we are in round 7 of 8, yet it also says that I have 6 cards left.
Without the logs, I can't tell you whether the error is in my cards or in the round we're in.
Posted by Hammerite 2010-01-19 17:49:02 GMT
I believe I have worked out what happened.
I've inadvertently introduced a bug that causes a player's turn to be skipped if he is first to play in a round in which somebody (not necessarily him) has to sell tiles to pay off debt. You were a victim of this bug. You got new cards in that round (because it happened before round 5), but you did not spend any cards to take actions, which is why you have 2 more cards than you should have.
I will fix the bug. With regards to your game, I will give you a choice of what can be done to remedy the situation.
1) I can abort the game as being invalid.
2) I can leave the game as it is. You will have had two fewer actions in the Canal Phase than everyone else, so you will be at a disadvantage. If you like, I can set a flag to say that the game "does not count" towards your statistics.
3) I can allow you to have all your actions. If you want to do this, please follow this procedure:
- Post in this thread to say that is what you want.
- I will edit the game to be in round 6 instead of round 7.
- When I have done this, take a turn (spend two cards). The game will go to round 7.
- I will edit the game so that it is your turn, and the turn order so that you are last in turn order. I will also decrease each player's funds by their current income, so that nobody has received an extra turn's income. I will edit the "amount spent" boxes so that they say what they currently say.
- You take your turn, after which play can comtinue as normal.
This option gives you a slight advantage in having two (possibly 3) consecutive turns, but you have had a slight disadvantage in being deprived of a turn so far, so it probably balances out.
Let me know what you want.
Posted by gische 2010-01-20 01:38:49 GMT
Aha, thanks for the explanation. I'm going to assume that this is the reason I feel so hopelessly out of this game. :)
Given that the integrity of the game is already messed up by having a turn skipped, I'll vote to abort it as invalid.
I'm going to set up a private game and invite the other three players to join me in it as a replacement.
Thanks again, I love your site.
Click here to return to the Board Page, or here to return to the Main Page.